Selling to the Government just got easier
- SBA Mandates 5% spend with WOSB
- Set-aside is for NAICS code 337214 for Office Furniture Manufacturing
- There is no volume cap for projects on this set aside
The new Women Owned Small Business Federal Contract Program
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has issued the Final Rule to amend its regulations governing small business contracting procedures. The SBA has increased the emphasis and awareness of contracting mandates regarding Woman Owned Small Businesses (WOSB), similar to those already in place for 8a, SDV and HUB Zones businesses.
The intent of this SBA action is to utilize WOSBs that have been underrepresented in Federal procurement. Contracting officers may restrict competition to WOSB companies so long as the following conditions are met:
- A minimum of two small business concerns owned and operated by women could submit bids
- The award can be made at a fair and reasonable price
- The WOSB is or has been underrepresented or substantially underrepresented in Federal procurement, and fits one of the 83 designated NAICS codes.
The objective of this procurement program is to assist agencies in achieving the mandated 5% government-wide goal for procurement from Woman Owned Small Businesses Concerns. The SBA and the Office of Federal Procurement Policy have implemented this program.
Neutral Posture, Inc., meets all the requirements to be certified as a WOSB concern, and has an active GSA contract, Packaged Office contract and has experience teaming with larger organizations to assist the Government in meeting the program goals.
Neutral Posture has a packaged office contract that includes many great manufacturing partners. We are also willing to team with other manufacturers to help support our GSA Dealers.
Considering how much business the Government is doing, and how this new ruling puts Neutral Posture (WOSB Manufacturer) and our Packaged Office Partners on the right side of the mandate, there has never been a better time for our GSA Dealers to pursue GSA business. Talk to Neutral Posture for more insights into this awesome opportunity.